French Car Spares requirement was to build them an online shop/E-commerce website. Spencer at French Car Spares had been let down in the past by previous designers and turned to myself to help promote his business.
There was no website currently other than an HTML Template on an ebay shop my aim was to meet the business needs by designing and developing a new fully responsive website using Adobe XD and then implementing on Webflow. This included new logo branding, site layout and making the design more crisp and bright.
Spencer at French Car Spares requested a modern, clean design that looked great on all devices, an increase of traffic on google and it was essential to make a great first impression and keep pushing good quality standards.
1. Discuss with client and make note of all requirements
2. Mock up drawings of a new logo branding using the colour scheme details provided.
3. Design each of the pages in adobe XD.
4. Walkthrough meeting with client to show the mock up designs.
5. Web Development then carried forward within Webflow using the mock ups.
6. Handover new Web Design and Development to the client.
This project was one of the bigger projects that i have had there was not much brief and it required starting from scratch. I used some of the colours that were present on the ebay template but then the rest was a matter of trial and error until i was happy that the design was meeting the client expectations. I started with a new logo and branding for the client.
Then after the logo it was time to start wire-framing the Website and thinking what content would be best for the clients industry on each page. Once Spencer was happy with the wireframes and what content would display on each page i then got down to the designs, a clean and simple airy feel.
At French car spares they cover all makes and models of vehicles this where the circles relevant to the car manufacturer come in to play and take you to all parts to cover that manufacturer and easy to navigate.
I then designed a multi slideshow showing new stock on offer.
The main process then was implementing my designs and developing the site within Webflow as you can see from the screenshots this is the implementation that i completed. The contact details were placed on every page so the customers do not have to go looking around. The shop itself was a very basic layout as we didn't want too much text bloating the page. Simple photographs to show the parts followed by short descriptions and similar items below that the customers might be interested in.
When the website was completed i then walked through the editor tool and the E-commerce pages with Spencer to show him how he can add new stock and the required fields. I then also showed how to add content i.e. more text to the site when needed. Spencer was so happy with the website and could not believe how efficient and easy this will now be and also less time consuming.
Feel free to take a look at the site, you can find it by clicking here.